Paperback Writer

A friend of mine kindly asked "When are you going to write your radio adventures and memoirs? Now *there* is a book I would pay lots to read". It's not the first time I'd been asked but this time it got me thinking.

It is often said that there is a book inside everyone and this could be mine. After all, I have been doing this radio stuff for a living since 1974, worked with some amazing people and have a wealth of anecdotes - many of which can be recounted without attracting the attention of m'learned friends - so I thought it was worth giving it a go.

Which is why I've been going through old archives and memorabilia - letters, photos, memos, contracts and radio station crew jackets etc. - and started to write.

It's an interesting exercise if nothing else - and, of course, it's been fun re-living and recounting some past memories.

Watch this space!

I've used one Beatles song as the title for this blog post but maybe the words of another are equally appropriate right now:

There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends
I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all